Monday, October 3, 2011

Featured yarn: Yarn Eggs, Designer yarn, hand plied by Shanti

 Fiber content: cotton, polyester, lurex,
Color: light green, light orange, dark orange, dark yellow, light yellow, light green, silver sparkles from the lurex
Weight: bulky
160 yds, 80 yds each egg
5.1 oz each , 10.2 oz total

Offered is both eggs.

There's enough yarn in the two skeins to make a scarf, knit or crochet. Could also be used for weaving weft.

I spent years hand spinning my own yarn from the fiber animals I grew. Then I moved and don't have access to the fiber or room for a spinning wheel in a small apartment. Making these "eggs of yarn" satisfies the need to create yarn from commercial yarn. I had a great time creating these. I plied this yarn on a drop spindle. Made a skein out of it with a niddy noddy and then made these center pull eggs with a nostepinne.

The yarn is shaggy, shiny, and sparkly with pastel colors as well as bright slubs of orange and yellow. Great texture from boucle and the shaggy cotton. 


Buy this yarn here! On Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment