Friday, October 21, 2011

Featured yarn: Yarn Eggs, Designer yarn, hand plied by Shanti, pastel

 Offer is for one egg of original one of a kind yarn.

There's enough yarn in this egg to make a scarf, knit or crochet. Could also be used for weaving weft.

I spent years hand spinning my own yarn from the fiber animals I grew. Then I moved and don't have access to the fiber or room for a spinning wheel in a small apartment. Making these "eggs of yarn" satisfies the need to create yarn from commercial yarn. I had a great time creating these. I plied this yarn on a drop spindle. Made a skein out of it with a niddy noddy and then made these center pull eggs with a nostepinne.

The yarn is shiny, sparkly, delicate, and fuzzy.  This would make an attractive, one of a kind scarf 


Buy this yarn HERE $10.50, on ecrater

No comments:

Post a Comment